Organic link building is a complicated aspect, but there are SEO professionals in the market who are novice in this job. However, there are certain search engine ranking tips and tricks so that your website can score well in the search engine’s page ranking algorithm and get a higher rank for your website in the search results. Enlisted below is a list of 10 top most ideas that work great.
1. The first and foremost search engine ranking tip is to give prime importance to your content. Ensure that your content is not a let down to your visitors. They should find appropriate and meaningful content on the website, which makes sense to them and they are least likely to find anywhere else on the web. “Quality Content” is the key.
2. The person or the team looking after the content management aspect of the website should be clear about the set of search queries they intend to show up for. This should directly be of interest and should provide solution to the audience they want to offer their product or services. In that regard, they should do a proper research and analysis of the keywords around which they are going to structure their content.
3. Include custom titles and description for each page of the website. They should be unambiguous, readable and meaningful. It also helps in indexing of the pages.
4. Usability of the website is inevitably a very important factor that decides the search engine ranking of your website. For that, you have to make sure that there are easy navigational flows in your site and users should not have a hard time in locating things that they are looking for. Aim to provide an ultimate usability experience to the end users.
5. The structure, URL’s and navigation of the website should be least complicated so that the search engine can parse. Try and adhere to the basic and simplistic rules of HTML or any other mark up language that you are using for navigation.
6. Make use of an inspection tool for your website that can check against the missing tags or damaged links in the site. The search engine ranking can drastically drop if this is not taken care of. This is treated as disregard to the search engine.
7. Building up popularity. Adopt practices like link building, directory submission, social book marking etc. and make your presence felt across your target audience on web. Blog is another way of continually adding pages that can generate reputable and relevant links.
8. Get social. Tweeting your links, posting them on other social websites can produce immediate concrete results in enhancing your search engine ranking.
9. Use ALT tags on your images. Google indexes the text included in the ALT tags of images. Another thing to note is that Google now does not pay any heed to META keywords tag.
10. Include Google Toolbar which can be obtained free of cost so that you can periodically monitor the search engine ranking of your website.